Democrats come from all areas of the country, all backgrounds, and all walks of life, but we share beliefs and values that help shape a strong state and nation.
We believe in:
- Equal opportunity for all.
- Rewarding honest, hard work with a living wage and a fair tax system.
- Family values that are more than a political slogan.
- Quality education that gives all children an opportunity to reach their potential.
- Freedom from government interference in our private lives.
- Fairness and equality for all Americans, regardless of race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Security in our homes, safety in our streets, and a strong national defense.
- Strengthening our economy in ways that benefit everyone, not just the wealthiest among us.
- Supporting government programs that help society's most vulnerable.
- Separation of Church and State to preserve the freedom to pursue our beliefs.
- Protecting our environment.
- A voting system that is fair for every American and ensures that every vote counts.
- A government that is respected at home and abroad.
- A strong United States -- morally, economically, and militarily.